Having bought a mini sewing machine a year ago and attempted to use it only twice – failing on both occasions, I was very anxious to try my hand at a sewing inspired card.
I purchased the Sizzix Framelits Sew Happy Die and Stamp Set together with the Sizzix Textured Impressions Embossing Folders Retro Sewing and Pattern Set and stared at it for a good few
hours days before I gathered the courage to attempt anything with these beautiful resources.
Eventually, I created this!
- The base is a no-name brand cardstock
- The design paper is Dovecraft Curiosity Corner Papers
- I have used a no-name brand paper doily.
- A few flat back pearls and gorgeous green trim
- A few buttons, sequins, some thread and cute stick pins.
- My Xyron Tape Runner and some Ranger Matt Medium held this all together.
I stamped the sentiment and sewing machine with Stazon Black Ink and then die cut them using the coordinating dies with the Big Shot Die Cutting Machine.
I finished off the card by adding some glossy accents to the sewing machine, the dress and the sentiment.
Despite the anxiety of creating this card, I am pretty happy with the outcome and I look forward to creating more cards with this beautiful Sizzix set.
So this is what the girl and her tape runner has done!